Am I required to have a lawyer represent me?

No. Individuals may either represent themselves or be represented by an attorney, a CPA, or any other authorized representative. Non-resident attorneys, CPAs, or others may also represent taxpayers before the Tax Tribunal. If you will not represent yourself, an Alabama Tax Tribunal Power of Attorney Form 2848ATT designating an individual(s) to represent you is required.